Del Taco helping with that New Year's resoluton
How’s that New Year’s Resolution coming along? According to a recent study, 80-percent of people ditch their New Year’s Resolutions by the second week of February. Not a huge surprise since diet trends and exercise routines don’t fit into busy schedules, and let’s face it, sometimes we’re just bored with the blandness of it all! There are only so many days can you eat boiled chicken and brown rice!
But with tons of fresh, better-for-you options available at the everyday value and convenience of a Del Taco drive-thru, you can satisfy your Mexican cravings without the guilt. Del Taco features a slew of convenient, inexpensive everyday menu options – including salads, tacos and bowls –that won’t tip the scale or break the bank:
· Guests can opt to substitute seasoned turkey, now with 40% less fat than the restaurant’s seasoned beef, on any menu item, including the brand’s best-selling menu item EVER: The Del Taco
· Handcrafted Ensaladas, all under 600 calories including dressing and prepared to order with fresh ingredients like hand-chopped pico de gallo, freshly sliced avocado, crisp romaine lettuce and more
· The brand’s line of Fresca Bowls, packed with the fresh ingredients you love in your favorite burritos sans tortilla
· With a choice of freshly grilled marinated chicken or Carne Asada steak topped with roasted chile salsa, diced onions, fresh cilantro, and hand-sliced avocado, wrapped in two warm corn tortillas, Del Taco’s Street Tacos are only 170-180 calories each
· And because their Crinkle Cut Fries are my personal favorite… according to Buzzfeed, Del Taco’s fries have the fewest calories (small: 210) when compared to eight other top fast food picks.
For a limited time only, guests can “Buy One Turkey Del Taco and Get One FREE” when they join the Raving Fan eClub at https://deltaco.com/turkey.
The Del Taco, available for only $1.39**, can be enjoyed with seasoned turkey for no additional charge when ordered a la carte or as part of Del Taco’s #1 combo meal featuring two Del Tacos, Small Fries and a Small Drink. Another fan-favorite is substituting the seasoned turkey on the Signature Taco Salad, one of Del Taco’s three premium Handcrafted Ensaladas, all under 600 calories with dressing.
“We’re committed to giving our guests the greatest value and variety in the industry, and that means creating options for Del Taco fans who are resolving to eat better in 2017,” said Noah Chillingworth, Del Taco’s Vice President of Marketing. “By substituting our seasoned turkey in any menu item that traditionally comes with seasoned beef, our guests can still satisfy their Mexican food cravings while cutting out nearly half the fat.”
For those aiming to save money in the New Year, Del Taco also leads the industry in value offering 16 items on their “Buck and Under” menu as well as seven breakfast options for $1 or less. With an unparalleled range of choices starting at just 59-cents, the lowest starting price in the segment, Del Taco guests always get the most for their money.